A) Peer-Reviewed Articles in journals:
- J.M. Jefwa, S. Okoth, P. Wachira, N. Karanja, J. Kahindi, S. Njuguini, S. Ichami, J. Mung’atu, P. Okoth and, J. Huising (2012) Impact of land use types and farming practices on occurrence of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) Taita-Taveta district in Kenya. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 157 (2012) 32– 39
- George M. Mwenda, Nancy K. Karanja, Hamadi Boga, J.H.P. Kahindi, A. Muigaia and D. Odee (2011) Abundance and Diversity of Legume Nodulating Rhizobia in soils of Embu District, Kenya. Tropical and Subtropical Agroecosystems, 13 (2011): 1 – 10
- Jane A. Otadoh, Sheila A. Okoth, James Ochanda and James P. Kahindi (2011) Assessment of Trichoderma isolates for virulence efficacy on Fusarium oxysporum F. sp. Phaseoli.Tropical and Subtropical Agroecosystems, 13 (2011): 99 – 107
B) Book Chapters:
- Kahindi J.H.P. and Karanja N.K. (2006-2009) Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Technology Assessment: Essentials of Biological Nitrogen Fixation Technology. In “Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS) -Biotechnology: Knowledge in Depth” Ed. Horst W. Doelle. (www.eolss.net).
- Karanja N.K and Kahindi J.H.P. (2004-2007) Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Technology Assessment: In “Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS) -Biotechnology: Knowledge in Depth” Ed. Horst W. Doelle. (www.eolss.net).
- Mugo, J.K, Kahindi, J.H.P., Odee D., Makatiani E. and Maureen S. (2002) Biological Nitrogen Fixation of Acacia drepanolobium. In: Challenges and Imperatives for Biological Nitrogen Fixation Research and Application in Africa for the 21st Century (Karanja, N.K. and Kahindi J.H.P) Eds. Pp. 131 – 138. John Phillips Africa Ltd. ISBN 9966-879-41-2
C) Scientific Field Documents:
- Kimenju, J. W., Karanja, N.K., Okoth S.A., Wachira P.M., Kahindi J.H.P., Jefwa J.M., Nyamasyo G.,Muya E., Mutsotso B., Gikungu M., Roimen H. and Kibberenge M. (2010) Effect of Land use Intensification and Soil Fertility Management Practices on Soil Biodiversity in Embu and Taita, Kenya. CSM-BGBD project Kenya Farmer Report 1001
- Karanja, Nancy and Kahindi, J.H.P. (2006) Conservation and Sustainable Management of Below-ground Biodiversity in Kenya: A Farmer Report on the Benchmark characteristics. A project executed by TSBF-CIAT with co-financing from the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and implementation support from the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Abaidoo R.C., Carsky R.J., Danso S.K.A., Fening J., Giller K.E., Gueye M., Kahindi J.H.P., Mpepereki S., Osunde A., Sanginga N., Schulz B., Vanlauwe B. and Woomer P.L. (2001) African Association for Biological Nitrogen Fixation (AABNF) mid-term Strategy for Collaborative BNF Research and it technical applications.
(D) Publications from Conferences & Workshops:
- James H.P. Kahindi and Esther W. Nyaga (2011) The Hydropolitics of Lake Turkana: Water, Food Security and Conflicts around Lake Turkana.A paper presented during the Conference on Environment and Conflict: Challenges Facing Kenya at the Travellers Beach Hotel, Mombasa, 4th -7th Dec 2011
- Kahindi, J.H.P.; Karanja, N.; Mibey, R.K.; and Gikungu, M (2004) Conservation and Sustainable Management of Below Ground Biodiversity in Kenya. A poster presented at Launch of the BGBD project in Kenya. Nairobi, 6th September 2004.
- Odee, D.W., Makatiani, E., Karanja N. and Kahindi J. (2005) Abundance and growth Characteristics of legume-nodulating bacteria in Embu and Taita benchmark sites of Kenya. In Inventory of below-ground biodiversity in eleven benchmark areas within seven tropical countries: Report of the Annual meeting of the TSBF-CIAT Below Ground Biodiversity project pp.77
Download Curriculum Vitae for more details